Book Your Test
Dates and Locations
2017-2018 TEST DATE
Identity Document- Passport (Mandatory for IELTS)
Please prepare a valid/not expired passport before registering for IELTS. You will be needing your passport for registration as well as sitting the test.
You must bring your original and valid passport/PR card/refugee claimant document on your test day, without it you will not be permitted to write the test. The ID document you present on your test day must match the ID document submitted with your application form. Do not send your passport away for extension or any other purpose until after your test. If you do not have your original and valid passport/PR card/refugee claimant document with you on the day of your test, you will NOT be permitted to write the test and you will NOT be eligible for a test date transfer or refund.
How to register online
The IELTS test fee is 25,380JPY (inclusive of 8% tax).
- Via credit card (JCB/ Master/ VISA) :You will be asked to register your passport number, test date, venue, and module at the first step of your payment.
- At Convenience Store (Circle K Sunkus, Seicomart, Daily Yamazaki, Familymart, Ministop, Lawson) :You will be asked to register your passport number, test date, venue, and module at the first step of your payment.
Please be aware you must pay using of the below method to finalise your booking within 2 calender days.
The closing date of registration is 3 days before the test date.
You must upload to your IELTS Essentials account a digital copy of your passport.
Your identity document scan must clearly show:
- your name
- your photograph
- your date of birth
- your passport number
- the expiry date of your passport (and extension if applicable)
- your signature (if applicable)
You will recieve Payment Confirmation by e-mail and your status of payment will be changed on your Booking Page by fhe following business day after you pay.
(Payment Confirmation will not be sent and your status on your Booking Page will not be changed immidiately after you pay.)
Please download your test day details here (The details will be uploaded at least 2 weeks before the test date.).
Schedule of your speaking exam will be sent to you 2 days before the test date by e-mail.
Request for your speaking exam schedule
If you apply for IELTS at least 10 days before the test date, you can request your speaking exam schedule. Details are shown here.
CANCEL / TRANSFER
- Cancellation MORE than 8 days ahead of the test date – candidate will receive full refund (less administrative fee of 5,940JPY)
- Cancellation LESS than 8 days ahead of the test date – candidate will receive NO refund, unless a serious cause applies.
- Failure to appear for the test without notification is considered a cancellation and NO refund will be issued. This includes arriving late on the test day. The candidate must re-apply for a new test date.
- Requests for Test Date Transfer must be made MORE than 8 days prior to the registered test date (administrative fee: 5,940JPY). Transfer dates will depend on availability.
- Candidates who wish to transfer LESS than 8 dates prior to their registered test date will be treated as a cancellation and will receive NO refund, unless a serious cause applies. The candidate must re-apply for a new test date.
Candidates who seek to cancel their registration or transfer test dates within the 8 days prior to the test date will only receive a refund if they can satisfy to the Administrator that their ability to sit the test has been affected by illness or serious cause. Serious causes include:
- Serious illness – e.g. hospital admission or serious injury (Does not include minor illness such as a mild cold)
- Loss or bereavement – death of a close family member
- Hardship/trauma – victim of crime, victim of a traffic accident
- Military service
Apply for Refund/Transfer
- Cancellation or Transfer: Candidates must complete a pdf Request for Refund or Test Date Transfer Form and send via e-mail or postal mail by 5:00 pm, 8 days prior to the test date.
- Cancellation for Serious Causes: Candidate must lodge an application for refund no later than 5 days after the test date. Candidates must complete a pdf Request for Refund or Test Date Transfer Form and attach the appropriate documentation and/or evidence. Acceptable documents may include a medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner, a death certificate, or a police report. Statutory declarations and certificates signed by family members are not acceptable. Candidate must send all documents by e-mail or postal mail by 5:00 pm, 5 days after the test date.
- The Administrator will advise the candidate within one week of lodging the application whether or not their request has been approved.
- IELTS Official Test Center/ General Incorporated Foundation Japan Study Abroad Foundation is NOT responsible for any consequences caused by failure to complete all steps of the registration process due to mistakes or other input made by the applicant (candidates) when registering information. In such case, the Foundation will not rectify the mistake made by the applicant and will not refund the fees already paid.
- IELTS Official Test Centre/ General Incorporated Foundation Japan Study Abroad Foundation reserves the right to cancel any examination, to change the scheduled date and time of the examination and the order of the examination, and to refuse to accept any application for examination. If the Foundation cancels the examination except under the circumstances set forth below, a full refund of the application fee will be maid.
- IELTS Official Test Centre/ General Incorporated Foundation Japan Study Abroad Foundation makes best efforts in the operating of the tests. However, the Foundation will not be responsible in the following events:
- any circumstances causing the operation relating to conducting of the test not possible due to circumstances beyond the Foundation’s control including natural disaster
- non-delivery of documents/information due to accident or interruption in posta